State Criminal Defense For South Carolina
Criminal convictions have serious repercussions. Driver’s license suspension, jail time, high fines — these are only a few of the possible consequences you could be facing. A frequent and unforeseen consequence of a conviction is a loss of your right to bear arms. This applies even to the use of a gun for hunting or target practice, and to possession of a gun in your home or automobile. Even if you have only been charged with a misdemeanor, it is important to present an aggressive defense.
At the Law Office of Jonathan M. Harvey, I have more than 35 years of experience in South Carolina’s criminal system. If you or someone you care about is facing criminal charges in the Columbia area, call 803-779-3363 or contact me online to discuss your rights.
Fighting State Criminal Charges
As an experienced attorney with decades of criminal defense experience, I have represented clients in all criminal trial courts in South Carolina. I know how to represent my clients who are facing misdemeanor and felony charges such as:
- Traffic offenses such as driving while intoxicated (DUI/DWI), vehicular homicide, and hit and run
- Drug crimes, including possession, distribution, trafficking and manufacturing
- Violent crimes, including assault and battery, homicide, manslaughter and murder
- Property crimes like burglary and theft
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault and conduct involving minors
- White collar crimes such as breach of trust, obtaining goods under false pretenses, counterfeit goods and products, forgery and credit card crimes
- Weapons charges like illegal use of firearms and illegal possession of firearms
When you are facing a criminal investigation or have been arrested, your lawyer needs to work quickly to answer your questions and protect your rights. I will explain the state criminal process to you and advocate on your behalf.
Protecting Your Right To Carry A Firearm
Did you know that if you are convicted of a crime under state law that carries more than a year sentence, federal laws prohibit you from carrying a firearm? I understand the impact this can have on your life. I will do everything I can to protect your ability to carry your hunting rifle or your private handgun and ammunition.
Call 803-779-3363 or contact me online to schedule a time to discuss your situation with the Law Office of Jonathan M. Harvey. I will do everything possible to protect your rights and your future in South Carolina.